Scope and Application
The personal information we collect and why we collect it
We collect certain types of personal information and create a file concerning persons who use our Website or who otherwise communicate with us, in particular when such persons use our automobile recycling services, take advantage of our offers or benefits, subscribe to a mailing list to receive a newsletter, request information or take part in a promotional activity. In most cases, the information collected consists of the following: name, postal address, phone numbers, e-mail address, information regarding services, offers and advantages they have received, and sometimes, information regarding customer level of satisfaction or how they heard about our services. For persons using our automobile recycling services, we also collect information about the concerned vehicle, such as geographic location, make, model, year, vehicle identification number and other general information regarding the condition of the vehicle.
This information is collected and used notably for the following reasons:
- To process your registration or a request made through the Website or call centre, including to contact you by e-mail or by phone to inform you of the progress of your registration or request;
- To communicate information about you and your vehicle to our recycling and towing partners so that the proposed services may be rendered;
- To enable you to take advantage of any offers and benefits made available;
- To send you communications about services offered, notifications, newsletters, or to answer questions we have been asked;
- To organize promotional activities and to communicate with those taking part in such activities;
- To improve the content of our Website and help us correct any related problems;
- For the purposes of market research and surveys;
- To develop, improve or market services, offers and other benefits tailored to your needs or to provide you with information of interest.
We use personal information solely for the purposes for which it was collected. Your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information for secondary marketing purposes (e.g. mailing or e-mailing of promotional offers or subscription to a newsletter) or for survey purposes is not a mandatory requirement to consult the Website or for us to provide you with our services.
Recyc-Auto may occasionally send special offers, benefits or other communications relating to products and services offered by Recyc-Auto or its partners to persons who have agreed to receive such communications, whether by e-mail, mail or otherwise. These communications may sometimes be targeted more particularly based on your interests, services received, or any other information we may have about you which allows us to send you offers which may be of interest to you. You may also choose to receive communications from Recyc-Auto by checking the appropriate box on a form or otherwise, as the case may be. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time and we provide you with an opportunity to do so in each communication. We invite you to read the conditions detailed in the ”Information” section below.
Please note that you are responsible for informing yourself of the privacy policies of our recycling and towing partners regarding any personal information that is provided to them. It is possible that some information you provide directly to our recycling and towing partners be forwarded to us and added to the information we have about you. This is done in order to process and store information and allows us to do a proper follow-up of requests received.
Electronic information on our Site
We may collect information that is not personal in nature, including the type of browser or computer operating system you are using, or the domain name of the website from which you were linked to our Site. In addition, when you visit our Website, we may insert a data file on your computer such as a “cookie” or similar file. Cookies enable us to retain certain information about your use of the Website, including the date of your last visit, pages viewed and files downloaded, if any. Cookies allow us to adapt the Website to better match your interests and preferences.
It is possible that Recyc-Auto link the resulting information to your personal information when you log on to the Site.
How your personal information is stored and communicated
Recyc-Auto retains personal information for a reasonable period of time, either to fulfill identified objectives, or in accordance with the law, whichever time frame is longer. We establish retention criteria depending on the type of information collected.
Once objectives have been achieved and the personal information is no longer needed, or if the person asks us to delete it, we ensure its anonymity or we destroy it in a way which ensures protection against unauthorized access or disclosure.
We never disclose your personal information to anyone outside of Recyc-Auto without your consent, except to:
- Our service providers (organizations or individuals) whose services have been retained to carry out duties on our behalf (e.g. data processing, records management, etc.). Recyc-Auto takes the necessary measures, by contract or otherwise, to ensure that third-party service providers process your personal information solely for the purposes determined by Recyc-Auto and that they provide a degree of protection for personal information which is comparable to that provided by Recyc-Auto for personal information in its possession;
- Any entity in the event of the sale, merger or change in control of Recyc-Auto, in whole or in part, and only if the parties enter into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of information is limited to the objectives of the business transaction.
- Any public authority when required by law.
We do not share your personal information with a partner for promotional purposes unless you have specifically consented to the disclosure of your personal information for these purposes.
E-mail addresses or other personal information of friends or family provided to invite them to register on the Site, to participate in a promotion or to forward them a page from our Website, as the case may be, are not collected or retained by Recyc-Auto, unless these individuals have themselves provided us with their personal information and agreed to receive communications from us.
All data is stored on servers with high-security systems, protected against access by unauthorized persons or misuse. Recyc-Auto also protects personal information disclosed to third-party service providers in accordance with this Policy in order to maintain its confidentiality and respect the purposes for which it was collected. Only those persons (employees or agents) whose duties require access to such information have access to it.
Your personal information is held and maintained by Recyc-Auto in secured space on shared servers.
External links on our Site
Our Site may contain links to websites operated by our company or by other companies. By clicking on these links, you are leaving our Site. Recyc-Auto does not control the operation of these websites and the fact that they are listed on our Site does not incur Recyc-Auto’s liability in any manner. Any personal information you submit through these websites is subject to such websites’ privacy policies and Recyc-Auto assumes no obligation in this regard.
From time to time, Recyc-Auto may change this Policy. Please consult it periodically. In the event of any change, proper notice will be posted at the beginning of this Policy.
By e-mail: [email protected]
By telephone: 514-973-2886
Please note however that withdrawal from one of our lists or changes made to your personal information in our database will not affect information regarding you which is kept by our recycling and towing partners. You should contact them directly for any withdrawal or change, as applicable.